The Pashley Pickle

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 The Pashley Pickle on Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:24 pm

1851 census Huddersfield
William Pashley 30 stone mason
wife Rhoda 25
son John 2
son Shelley 4 who died 3 March 1852 age 5

My problem is John as the death I have is 21 Nov 1858 9 months son of William stone mason.

Now Rhoda died 8 Jun 1854 so if baby John was only 9 months old in 1858 that's a problem  scratch 

William didn't remarry till 1860 and that was in Manchester.

Did he have another liaison or has there been a mistake somewhere?
If this is another John what happened to the first one?  

There's a birth in Huddersfield 1849 which would fit the one on the 1851 census and two JP Huddersfield deaths one in 1845 and the one in 1858.

2 Re: The Pashley Pickle on Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:47 am

Only had time for a v.quick look, but from FS it seems that there are a LOT of Pashleys in Huddersfield.  William is a common name everywhere, but John less so (surprisingly - well, to me anyway), and stonemason not an uncommon job.

I know maths isn't always my strong point, but .... if John was 2 in 1851, then he simply can't be the one who died 7 years later age 9mths.  Have you looked for a 12yo John in 1861, with/without his father, perhaps?

Maybe the John's death you have is the son of a different William to the William that was married to Rhoda?  Or do you know it's the correct one from the address on the death cert?

Orf out [again] now.  Will look in later to see if any progress.

cheers
STG

View user profile

3 Re: The Pashley Pickle on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:02 am

Maths isn't my strong point either but what would make sense is if there was a mistake on the certificate and he was 9 years old not 9 months old  Idea 

If his was the birth in Jun 1849 then he would be 9 when he died in Nov 1858.  Address on the cert is Longroyd Bridge which was in the right area. Cause of death "congestion of the brain 2 days"

I haven't looked for him in 1861 on his lonesome but I will do for completeness.

His father was with new wife, 3 week old son William, daughter Alice 9 in Manchester 1861.
Plus a sister in law Matilda Vollar 21 which ties in with my other post about his wife's origins.  

study

4 Re: The Pashley Pickle on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:10 am

I've just had a quick look on FMP and the John Pashley who was buried in Huddersfield in 1858 has a year of birth of 1849 ...

Says source of the info is parish records.

If FS has the same record, I'd be asking for a copy to see what's written in the age column.

Really do have to go out now!

STG

View user profile

5 Re: The Pashley Pickle on Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:21 am

Ooh thanks STG so he was 9 then.

Catch you later  cheers 

6 Re: The Pashley Pickle on Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:48 pm

you haven't mentioned but am assuming you know all about it - daughter alice is daughter of Rhoda and her christening in 1860 is online and gives longroyd bridge as address then.

View user profile

7 Re: The Pashley Pickle on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Yes Alice belonged to Rhoda but I hadn't realised till just now looking at the baptism that what has been transcribed as Rhoda "Cate" is the word late and I thought that meant "late Hinchliffe" for her name not late as in deceased  Embarassed 

8 Re: The Pashley Pickle on Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:18 pm

well I read it as late for name hinchliffe not late deceased as well!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]