History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

New series news

2 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1New series news Empty New series news Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:44 pm

Copied this from another forum.

Not sure who Brendan is - musician? and no clue who Reggie Yates is.

10 new celebrities:

Mary Berry, Brian Blessed , Billy Connolly, Brendan O'Carroll, Tamzin Outhwaite, Martin Shaw, Sheridan Smith, Twiggy, Julie Waters, Reggie Yates.

No start date given just "this summer".

2New series news Empty Re: New series news Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:19 pm

SmallTownGirl

Oh, thanks for that.

I didn't know who Brendan thingy was either. Turns out he's from Mrs Brown's Boys. I saw a few minutes of it once and couldn't believe that people find it funny. Good job we're not all the same, eh?

STG

3New series news Empty Re: New series news Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:22 pm

Starts tomorrow night plus there's a programme celebrating 10 years of shows, people reminiscing and stuff.

Annnnnnd a show about ancestors, celeb ones I think, "in the clink"

Annnnnnd new series of The Great British Bake Off starts as well.

My we are being spoiled  cheers

4New series news Empty Re: New series news Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:33 am

SmallTownGirl

Humph!

The 10yr anniv programme didn't start until 10.35pm, so I missed it last night.  Was it any good? Worth watching on iPlayer?

I did see a few minutes of the In the Clink programme and thought that was OK, might try the rest on catch-up.  Also saw the trailer for next week and will have to try to remember to watch it.

I don't "do" the Bake Off.  

Gosh, I do seem grumpy this morning, don't I?

STG

5New series news Empty Re: New series news Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:24 am

Morning Humphy!

I very rarely watch any programmes "live" just record everything on Timmy Tivo and watch another time so haven't seen any of last nights yet.

Will report back in due course  Cool

6New series news Empty Re: New series news Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:37 am

Would definitely recommend the "10 years" programme STG.
Clips not shown in the original episodes and celebs saying about the filming ie meet at the library with your passport and clothes for 4 days!

Also a spoof you may or may not have seen which was rather Laughing   

Enjoyed it much more than the clink one but can't bear Jonny Vegas in any shape or form.

Also they wanted to justify their ancestors crimes too much and make them more acceptable.  Maybe that's natural.

7New series news Empty Re: New series news Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:57 pm

SmallTownGirl

Just watched the 10yr thing on iPlayer and enjoyed it.

Am also trying to tidy up my own trees.  Going round in a few circles at the moment, so think I need another cuppa!  scratch  scratch  scratch

STG

8New series news Empty Re: New series news Mon Aug 11, 2014 9:39 am

Anything we can help with bung it on  Smile 

9New series news Empty Re: New series news Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:13 pm

Up to date with the new episodes.

Struggled my way through the second Clink episode but didn't really enjoy it. Now I see we have Secrets from the Asylum that sounds even more depressing.

10New series news Empty Re: New series news Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:26 pm

SmallTownGirl

Do you do Long Lost Family too?

STG

11New series news Empty Re: New series news Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:16 am

No never watched that one. My only long lost family is George and he seems determined to stay that way  Mad 

12New series news Empty Re: New series news Fri Aug 22, 2014 10:54 pm

You know how you don't like some celebs but then watch their story and they are so interested, humble, endearing and sweet you end up liking them.

Tamsin Oothwaite

Before - didn't like 'er
After - liked 'er even less = zero personality

Quite pleased she got gelato in her hair  Very Happy 

13New series news Empty Re: New series news Sat Aug 23, 2014 10:45 am

SmallTownGirl

I only saw the second half, but thought it very dull.  Next week's doesn't look very promising either - well, not to me, anyway.  No   No   No 

STG

14New series news Empty Re: New series news Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:45 am

Brendan O' best one so far for me. Amazing how deep you can dig if you have a long enough spade Arrow

15New series news Empty Re: New series news Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:39 am

SmallTownGirl

Grumpy here again  cyclops

I half-watched the Sheridan Smith one last night.  Thought it was very thin indeed and was trying to image the person who had to pitch the idea to the show's producers.  Something along the lines of

"I've found a very nice, famous person who's father taught himself to play the banjo, and I've found out that one of her ancestors also taught himself to play the banjo.  We could make an hour long programme about them if we spin it out to include the famous person teaching herself to play the banjo too. "

Nope, still not working for me!   Sad

STG

16New series news Empty Re: New series news Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:55 am

SmallTownGirl

Mary Berry - much more like it (for me, anyway).  

STG

17New series news Empty Re: New series news Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:54 am

Yay found one you liked cheers

I haven't seen it yet. Looking forward to watching it and to Twiggy as I like her. Martin Shaw next I think.

18New series news Empty Re: New series news Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:52 pm

SmallTownGirl

Tourmie wrote:Yay found one you liked cheers

Well, for one thing, there was no banjo playing.   cheers  cheers  cheers

STG

19New series news Empty Re: New series news Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:34 pm

SmallTownGirl

Quite enjoyed Martin Shaw, but thought it was a bit s-l-o-w.

STG

20New series news Empty Re: New series news Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:12 pm

Am half way through and enjoying it thus far. Only thing is when he smiles he reminds me of Matthew Kelly and it's a little unnerving Shocked

21New series news Empty Re: New series news Thu Oct 02, 2014 9:52 pm

Enjoyed the Reggie Yates one.

22New series news Empty Re: New series news Fri Oct 03, 2014 12:53 pm

SmallTownGirl

Hi Tourmie

We were out last week, and I haven't bothered trying to watch Reggie's episode on catch-up.

Did enjoy Billy Connolly last night though.  Hope you do too - when you get to it!

STG

PS : Is it just us two here, now?  Hello, is there anyone else out there?  affraid

23New series news Empty Re: New series news Fri Oct 03, 2014 1:59 pm

I know awful lonely isn't it Crying or Very sad
Vron must be about as she is a moderator I think?

Not seen Billy yet. I keep having little holidays and getting behind with them Laughing

Went to Somerset last weekend but spent most of the time in Devon! Must have been "on the cusp" as it were.

24New series news Empty Re: New series news Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:05 pm

SmallTownGirl

Tourmie wrote:
Not seen Billy yet.  I keep having little holidays and getting behind with them Laughing

Went to Somerset last weekend but spent most of the time in Devon!  Must have been "on the cusp" as it were.

And I'm near-ish to your neck of the woods next week.  Am having a few days in Cheltenham Smile

25New series news Empty Re: New series news Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:43 pm

vron

evening

sorry I have been missing in action. just been so busy with the garden whilst it was sunny.

I do pop in at least once a day as moderator to keep an eye on things but as it seems to be only you 2 I thought I could trust you not to start a war Very Happy

I have been enjoying the last couple of episodes of WDYTYA. I enjoyed reggie yates even though he did get all the info off his father and didn't really get any further back than the names he already knew. I also enjoyed brian blessed and billy connnelly.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum