History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

jones in London - but at least he does have a middle name!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

vron

William coley jones maries martha boyll in Lambeth in April 1838. his father is william ( carpenter) and hers is richard ( captain). They have one child ellen clara jones in Sept 1839 - i can see her baptism.

william is a chemist and i have some info on his patents etc but
cant find the family in 1841 at all . william coley dies in 1849 and i cannot find martha after that. Ellen clara surfaces again when she married edward james turner on xmas day 1862 in Wandsworth.

cant go backwards from either parent either

can anyone fill in any blanks

Now that is a challenge vron. Couldn't find a thing last night but have just found a Boyll family in 1841 Priory Road Lambeth who could be related to Martha/Richard. Doesn't seem to be much about with that particular spelling does there.

Frederick 25
Anne Elizabeth 25
Amy Ely 2
Rosale S 6 months

Any idea when/where your William and Martha were born?

I suppose she could have remarried before the next census if she was quick and be under a different surname.

vron

thanks for that tourmie. it is more than i have found. age wise richard could be a brother to martha? i will have to follow that up more.

as to where were they born -- i am thinking london although as they are never on a census i cant be sure. ihave a baptism date of 27 feb 1811 in lambeth for william but have no idea where that came from. i cant seem to find it again and i have not referenced it so....

i would expect them all to be around lambeth in 1841

vron

ok found that same family in 1851 and frederick comes from essex.

The marriage is under Boyle 26 April 1837 Bethnel Green Ann Elizabeth Pill.
He was a widower.

Boyle sounds Irish doesn't it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum