History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Requesting copies of original documents from FamilySearch

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

SmallTownGirl

Courtesy of clematised some months ago, who originally posted the link - but possibly elsewhere than this forum - I now gather that we can request copies of original document that have been indexed by FamilySearch.  Here's the link

https://familysearch.org/blog/en/policy-change-patrons-requesting-photocopies-family-history-library-salt-lake-city-utah/

which leads neatly onto the form you complete for your request.

My problem is, that having come to fill in the form for the first time, I can't work out what goes where! I've tried the numbers a couple of ways around, but can't get it to work  Embarassed 

The record I'm after is this one

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/JQ8P-L94

Has anyone actually done this and can tell me which reference number goes where etc?

Thanks
STG

PS : I can manage p1 of the form - my own contact details Smile 

Can't help you with the form as I was flummoxed as well so did it the easy way by sending an e-mail direct Very Happy 

'photoduplication@familysearch.org'

I just copied the 3 entries I wanted from family search into the e-mail and voila they sent them in a few days.

However do make sure you print them off straight away as the option to do so expires after 14 days.

SmallTownGirl

Thanks Tourmie.

That sounds a whole lot more simple. Rolling Eyes 

Will give it a try and report back.

Thanks cheers 
STG

To be honest I was a little wary of how much personal info they wanted on the form so am glad there was another way where you could remain incognito as it were Cool 

Good luck with it Basketball

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum