History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where be Ellen after 1871?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where be Ellen after 1871? Empty Where be Ellen after 1871? Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:33 am

Looking to see what happened to Ellen Burroughs.

She was born 1862 Nayland Pembrokeshire - don't know why as the family came from Glos - parents William & Sarah.

She is with parents and siblings age 9 in 1871 Kings Stanley Glos then nothing.

Siblings were William John - Kate Ellen - Frederick James my great grandfather- Emma Annie - John.

Ellen is a dodgy name especially with another one in the mix.  It could have turned into Helen, Eleanor or something else.

An associated problem is that she is on several family trees who all have her mother as Sarah Douglass marriage to William Burroughs Islington 1854.

The mother I have for her is Sarah Pegler marriage Stroud 1856.  The grooms have different fathers in each case, Islington one has father John and I have father William.

Any suggestions appreciated  sunny 

2Where be Ellen after 1871? Empty Re: Where be Ellen after 1871? Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:08 pm

vron

well I can see the same info you have but not later info. will have another look tonight

3Where be Ellen after 1871? Empty Re: Where be Ellen after 1871? Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:28 pm

Not to waste anyone's time think I have sorted out the marriage.

There is a William & Sarah in Islington in 1861 and he is a coachman same occupation as on the marriage.
They are in their mid 40's and William is born Honiton Devon so they can be ruled out.

Ellen and her whereabouts are still up for grabs!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum