History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oh dear help

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oh dear help  Empty Oh dear help Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:13 pm

Looking for options please for James Hinchliffe born Huddersfield in 1844 to Mark and Mary. He is on the 1851 census aged 6 with parents and sister Ann 10 months. Can't find her either but that's another story.

In 1851 they are living Dale Street Huddersfield. My best option for what happened to him was a death in 1853 but having got the cert today that is for a much younger child. I think Ann dies too but I got the wrong cert for that as well in 1855 so not 100% Rolling Eyes

Father dies in 1859 and mother remarries in 1860 to a John Bradbury but I can't see any Hinchliffe children with her in 1861 as might have been expected. They are with various Bradbury children from his first marriage.

Any options for James or Ann gratefully received.

2Oh dear help  Empty Re: Oh dear help Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:37 pm

vron

is this the one you got the death cert for

First name(s): James
Last name: HINCHLIFFE
Date of burial: 8 Feb 1853
Age at death: 8
Calculated year of birth: 1845
Place of burial: Huddersfield
Dedication: St Peter
County: Yorkshire (West Riding)

3Oh dear help  Empty Re: Oh dear help Mon Jan 09, 2012 9:48 pm

vron

well i can see the baptisms

04 Aug 1844

Forenames: James William
Surname: Hinchliffe
Fathers Forenames: Mark
Fathers occupation: Cord Maker
Mothers Forenames: Mary
Place: Huddersfield
Description: St Peter
County: Yorkshire

Address: Union Row

Day: 25 May 1851
Forenames: Ann
Surname: Hinchliffe
Fathers Forenames: Mark
Fathers occupation: Moulder
Mothers Forenames: Mary
Place: Huddersfield
Description: St Peter
County: Yorkshire

Address: Dale Street

but not the deaths

4Oh dear help  Empty Re: Oh dear help Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:44 pm

That's the cert I hoped I was getting for James but the one I did get died 21 Jan 1853 and was only 3 months old.

There was supposed to be an Elizabeth Ann as well died in 1855 and I wonder if she and Ann were the same person. A death found in 1855 did not match up age wise for Ann, from memory was 19 months old not 5 so confused.

5Oh dear help  Empty Re: Oh dear help Tue Jan 10, 2012 10:08 am

Which bmd death do you think is the 8 year old? He has to be my best bet but I can only see two in 1853 Huddersfield (have tried different spellings)
one March which I got and one December which doesn't fit with a burial in Feb.

6Oh dear help  Empty Re: Oh dear help Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:19 pm

I can't see to get/find the right certificates for any of these children.

First we have James 6 in 1851. I can't see a death on bmd that would equate to a burial in Feb save the cert I already got which was wrong.
Is it possible it was registered as late as Dec? Wouldn't have thought so if he was already buried.

Then we have Ann a babe in 1851. I tried for a death in 1855 but not her.

The mystery Elizabeth Ann not on any census. I checked with the cemetery and there is one 2 months old buried Dec 1855 daughter of Mark.
Now I can find her probable entry on bmd but it only give a * for the page number.
Looking at the page I can see why as really faint but can I order one just putting a * do you think?

Having paid for two wrong certs recently I am reluctant to take a punt on more without being more sure.

Appreciate any thoughts on any of the above. I haven't found any marriages or likely entries on later census hence going down the death route.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum