History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Looking for BMD..................

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Looking for BMD.................. Empty Looking for BMD.................. Tue Jul 17, 2012 3:04 pm

siamesewillow

Mary Ellen Fry 1845-1872 35 Windsor Terrace, City Road,Middlesex, parents Arthur and Eliza Fry. Husband Charles Henry Knight 1840-1882 (c) Cannot find a birth reg for Charles let alone when they married or when Charles died.

Any help would be appreciated.

siamese

2Looking for BMD.................. Empty Re: Looking for BMD.................. Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:18 pm

Have you got them on a census together siamese? That would give a clue as to where Charles was born.

There are a couple of Charles Henry Knights born 1840 and a couple in 1842.

Ah found the marriage under Henry Charles Knight/Mary Ellen Fry Sep 1867 Edmonton.

3Looking for BMD.................. Empty Re: Looking for BMD.................. Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:27 pm

Struggling to find anything else for either of them.

Where did that address you have come from - death certificate for Mary?

In theory they should be together in 1871 and he a widower (unless he married again) in 1881 but where Question

Did they have any children do you know?

4Looking for BMD.................. Empty Re: Looking for BMD.................. Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:41 pm

Oh that's odd. There's a tree that has them marrying in Belfast Quaker marriage.
Tree also says she dies in Ireland so maybe that's why I can't find them in 1871 they were over the water?

Same source says he dies in Ireland in 1886 so no wonder can't find a death for him here. He remarried 1875 so sayeth the tree.

5Looking for BMD.................. Empty Re: Looking for BMD.................. Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 am

siamesewillow

Thanks Tourmie,

I do now have the marriage. The address and little information I have was obtained from familytrees.
siamese

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum