History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Birth registration.......................

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

siamesewillow

Cannot find a birth registration for 2 Mary's

Mary Bateman born 1881 Upper Slaughter, Gloucestershire, must of died before 1885 as in that year sister Mary Bateman was born. But cannot find a birth record to either or a death for the first Mary. Parents Robert and Elizabeth Bateman. Siblings

Percival b 1874
Minnie b 1875
Sidney b 1883
Alice b 1887

They were all born in Lower Slaughter Gloucestershire

Any help would be appreciated.

siamese

siamesewillow

Should of mentioned half sister, Amelia Martha Fluck (mother's maiden name) b 1866 Notgrove, Gloucestershire, continued to live with Grandparents Thomas and Mary Fluck.

siamese

SmallTownGirl

There's a birth reg for a May Bateman in Q4 1880 in Stow-on-the-Wold (vol 6a, p.371).

and

A birth reg for a Mary Bateman in Q1 1885 also in Stow-o-t-w (vol 6a, p.408).

Is the first Mary on the 1881 census siamese?

I wonder if she morphed into another name as can't see a death for her.

May Bateman born 1880 Upper Slaughter is around in 1901 as a servant.

Can't seen any of them in 1881 but in 1891 there are two Mary's Question

Robert 47
Elizabeth 43
Percival 15
Minnie 13
Earnest E 12
Mary 10
Sidney 8
Mary 6
Alice 4

The 10 year old could be May as it almost looks like the letter r has been crossed out so I think STG has solved the riddle - one was May and one was Mary.

siamesewillow

Thanks again friends, you have solved the Mary's I am sure, May and Mary. One has to have eyes at the back of your head regarding familyhistory.

siamese

There's another sibling as well siamese - Earnest E but will need STG to find his birth Laughing

There's an Edward in 1879 but no Earnest E and he appears to always use the name Ernest in later census.

Annnnnnd, purely for my own satisfaction, where on earth are they in 1881? I can't find a sniff of any of them.

SmallTownGirl

Am not doing so well on this today. Am in a bit of a personal Smith-surname fog trying to do a tree for a friend. Her grandfather married a Mary Smith, and her g.g.grandfather married a Sarah Smith. Am going to have to take myself off to the Notts Archive tomorrow to see if I can at least sort out one of these pesky peeps. Sad

Back to the Batemans. Can't find a birth for an Earnest, but there is an Edward b. Q1 1879 in S-o-t-W, so think that must be the same chap. I've been through all the Ancestry 1881 census pages for both Lower and Upper Slaughter, but I can't see the family either.

Sorry can't help more.

STG

siamesewillow

Do you think Edward e could be Edward Ernest?

siamese

siamesewillow

Well I cannot find Robert Bateman and family on the 1881 census, searched ancestry and familysearch, no luck. When I go to the library next I'll look at find my past.

siamese

ps do you think they went aboard?

siamese

When he gets married - 1903 to Bertha Elizabeth Windsor in Wales - he has the name Ernest Edwin so not Edward.

They have a son Robert Windsor Bateman born 1905 Monmouthshire.

siamesewillow

Well by checking Ernest on the 1901 census, found his brother Percival and family which is a bonus.

Thanks

siamese

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum