History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

A large brick wall

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26A large brick wall - Page 2 Empty Re: A large brick wall Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:34 pm

siamesewillow

Ellen is William Weaver's sister

27A large brick wall - Page 2 Empty Re: A large brick wall Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:44 pm

siamesewillow

Wander if William ever kept in touch with his first 3 children. His second wife Matilda Bartlet who he married on the 27 November 1847 in Cowes IOW went on to have another 6 daughters.

28A large brick wall - Page 2 Empty Re: A large brick wall Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:36 pm

Do we know when Elizabeth's parents died?

Wonder if they have a gravestone or something that might mention her Arrow long shot I know but if she died first it might say also our beloved daughter Elizabeth who died such and such

29A large brick wall - Page 2 Empty Re: A large brick wall Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:01 am

siamesewillow

Name: William Fisher [edit]
Birth: 01 Oct 1780
Abbots Bromley, Staffordshire
Death: 23 May 1873 (92 years)
Uttoxeter,Staffordshire
Event: Occupation
Agricultural Labourer
Event: Baptism
01 Oct 1780
Abbots Bromley, Staffordshire

Do not know when her mother Hannah died but would be after 1823 when her last child was born
siamese

30A large brick wall - Page 2 Empty Re: A large brick wall Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:58 am

siamesewillow

See in 1851 Ann is working as a servant Uttoxeter. So if she married would be after then.

31A large brick wall - Page 2 Empty Re: A large brick wall Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:48 am

...there's an Ann Blore born Blithefield marrying in Lichfield 1856
Groom Charles Myatt

32A large brick wall - Page 2 Empty Re: A large brick wall Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:03 pm

Charles Myatt 30 born Abbots Bromley
Anne 26 born Blithefield
Anne 4
Harriot 3
Jane 1

all children born Colton

and next household is Woolley a name which has cropped up before

33A large brick wall - Page 2 Empty Re: A large brick wall Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:08 pm

Unfortunately by 1871 Charles has a new wife Martha and 4 new children

marriage Lichfield Mar 1863 so Ann must have died Sad

death Lichfield Mar 1862

34A large brick wall - Page 2 Empty Re: A large brick wall Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:00 pm

SmallTownGirl

On the 1861 census, William and Hannah (nee Abberley) Fisher are living in Colton (in Lichfield Registration District), aged 80 and 83, respectively, and William is listed as an Agricultural Labourer.

I can't find either of them on the 1871 census and, assuming they both died at home sometime between the 61 and 71 census, the only possible death registrations in the Lichfield RD are:

Hannah - Q4 1861
William - Q1 1862 or Q2 1863

I've looked on Ancestry, FMP and FS, but I can't see that the Colton records have been indexed Sad

Doesn't take us any further forward to finding Elizabeth's death though Sad

Siamese - which was the death certificate you got that was not the correct one, please?

STG

35A large brick wall - Page 2 Empty Re: A large brick wall Tue Mar 31, 2015 2:14 pm

Those are the death options I thought too STG.

I think the death of William in Uttoxeter is a different chap because he has a daughter Martha and there is no Martha in the list of children siamese posted.

How common was it for deaths to go unregistered? I know births sometimes slipped through the net but would have thought a death less likely.

36A large brick wall - Page 2 Empty Re: A large brick wall Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:51 pm

siamesewillow

Thanks friends for your endurance on this family. I just have to accept that Elizabeth died before 1841 very likely in London and never registered, or the paper work got lost.

siamese

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum