History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Missing bride how to find

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Missing bride how to find Empty Missing bride how to find Sun Jul 12, 2015 10:44 pm

I'm rubbish at this - how do you find the missing bride or groom when there are 3 names instead of 4?

I've tried putting in the district and the year and quarter with no names and get a huge list (looking for a Mary Rolling Eyes )

Do you have to look for a similar page number that might have been misconstrued or is there a simpler way?

It's Dec 1864 Wellingbro 3b 325
The 3 names listed are
Thomas Clark
Mary Ann Shelford
John Wykes

Want the bride for John, pretty sure should be Mary as he is widowed before 1871 and there is a death for Mary Wykes in 1870 age 29.

Ta muchly Smile

2Missing bride how to find Empty Re: Missing bride how to find Mon Jul 13, 2015 10:15 am

SmallTownGirl

I've done it in the past, but can't remember now how I found them. Embarassed

However, FMP tells me that John's bride was either

Mary Ann Shelford
or
Ann Shortland

and when I searched FreeBMD for Ann's marriage it comes up as

Wellingborough, Q4 1864, vol 3b, p.3 5

So, maybe the dead Mary in 1870 was Mary Ann Wykes nee Shelford?

STG

3Missing bride how to find Empty Re: Missing bride how to find Mon Jul 13, 2015 11:53 am

Oh no so the other bride was Ann not Mary oops thanks for finding her name cheers

So maybe the death for Mary Wykes wasn't his wife after all or as you say Mary Ann.
Found a tree pairing up Mary Ann with Thomas but that could be wrong.

Are there any baptisms on FMP for the boys please to confirm mother?

Albert Wykes Dec 1865 reg Kettering born Cransley Northants
Ernest Wykes Dec 1868 reg Kettering born Cransley Northants

Thank you.

4Missing bride how to find Empty Re: Missing bride how to find Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:57 pm

SmallTownGirl

Can't find baptisms for either Albert or Ernest, but there's a transcription of John and Ann's marriage on FMP.

13 Nov 1864 @ Cransley
John Wykes, bachelor
m
Ann Shortland

One of them was from Cransley, the other from Little Harrowden, but I can't quite work out which!

I've also emailed you something ...

STG

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum