History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lily Lloyd

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lily Lloyd Empty Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:13 pm

clematised

Hello all,

I have just found my Grandfathers Military records and made a new discovery of an older sister Lily Lloyd.
I have three baptisms for three boys in Liverpool James Maben Dickson Lloyd 1861 St Peter,1863 Edward Thomas Lloyd St Peter,John Lloyd St Peter to parents Edward Thomas Lloyd and Jane Wilson Lloyd Edward a book keeper. Though middle names were not always used in the baptim for the parents.
Also I discovered that there were two familys of Edward and Jane Lloyd having children baptised at the same church and mine is Book Keeper

Three children born India were Charles Underwood Lloyd 1871 (no baptism or birth record found said to be born at sea)My Grandfather Arthur Cooper Lloyd 1872, and Frank Vernon Lloyd 1874.

Arthur in his military records put NOK as Teddy Lloyd England(older brother) and Lily Lloyd (older sister England) and this is the first I have heard of Lily which is my mothers name, so Lily must have been born before they left for India.
I found a possible on free BMD Sept 1867 Liverpool 8b 156 but reluctant to send for the cert and prefer to find a baptism if possible.

If anyone can find a baptism for Lily it would be great.

My research has been kicked off by a new contact getting in touch but he has only his own lines and my findings and found me through BBC and FTF so I may be calling in more often with requests.

Edna

2Lily Lloyd Empty Re: Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm

Hello Edna

I can only find one Lillie Lloyd baptised 13 October 1867 Liverpool St Barnabus but her parents are William & Mary.
William is a shopkeeper and another daughter Rose baptised at the same time.

However that could be the entry on BMD you found albeit Lily is spelt differently as I can't see one spelt Lillie.
Rose is the same page number on BMD so probably twins.

Would yours have been on the 1871 census here or were they in India by then?

3Lily Lloyd Empty Re: Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:05 pm

clematised

Glen found that one too but not the right one, I went on free BMD and just put in Lloyd between 1859 and 1870 and no Lily showed up so I am at a loss to where this siter Lily fits in.
I cant find a thing on Familysearch either and thought maybe she may have had another first name but nothing like it showed up.
By 1871 census they were already in India

Edna

4Lily Lloyd Empty Re: Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:29 pm

clematised

There is a marriage of Lily Lloyd in 1908 Sept Q Liverpool to Dunn or Whitty
Can anyone see a record of the marriage anywhere

Edna

5Lily Lloyd Empty Re: Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:37 pm

So Teddy older brother is Edward Thomas? Does it actually say "older brother" on the records because I was wondering if Lily was his wife and not a proper "sister"

Lily may have been her middle name and her birth is under something else like Edna Lily.

I'm a bit confused by where the family were. If 3 were born in India what happened to the older children born in England?

Just like to check we are looking in the right place for her marriage/census etc

6Lily Lloyd Empty Re: Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:51 pm

There's a Lily Lloyd birth in Wirral Mar 1868.

One more crucial question what date did he put her as next of kin? If she married before then her name wouldn't be Lloyd.

7Lily Lloyd Empty Re: Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:17 pm

clematised

record stated NOK Elder Borther Edward I have his wifes name and not Lily and it also says Sister (Elder) Lily it does not say Lloyd.

I have found the marriage in 1908 for Lily Lloyd to Dunn or Whitty so I checked free BMD and found births Dunn mmn Lloyd
John H Dunn Toxtheth Park Dec Q 1911 8b 365,
Kathleen Dunn dec qtr 1913 tox pk 8b 237,
Stephen Dunn tox pk 8b 269 Sep Qtr 1915,
Joseph T Dunn tox pk Sept Q 1918 8b 269

I could not find children to Whitty mmn Lloyd

I am still trying to piece together what happened in India after the parents died and left the orphan children.

The grandmothers will leaves two children in India £100 both different schools, Chares was in a boarding school with other children from India age 8 Ryde IOW 1881 census.
I have Charles and all his later family and I have Edward and his later family both Marine Engineers.
Frank Vernon Lloyd stayed in India and died there in his 60s wife no offspring
James Maben Dickson lloyd I dont know where he got to.
John Lloyd I dont know where he got to but may have a possible marriage Liverpool
My Grandfather Arthur Cooper Lloyd I have just got his info he came back to UK transfered to England in 1892 Kings Liverpool Infantry reg.

Hope you can follow this Tourmie

Edna

8Lily Lloyd Empty Re: Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:30 pm

clematised

No date for the NOK but he joined up in India in Feb 1889 age 18/19 and was in India until 1892 when he transferred to Colchester.

Edna

9Lily Lloyd Empty Re: Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:09 pm

I am following thanks for clarifying.

I can see a Thomas Patrick Dunn wife Lily in 1911 married 3 years with a 2 year old but she is born much later in 1886 Warrington.

10Lily Lloyd Empty Re: Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:19 pm

clematised

Well it looks like that lead has been ruled out Tourmie
I dont know where to go from here.

The family lived in Roscoe Street, Liverpool at the time they were married and had the children, Her Grandmothe was a lodging house keeper.

Edna

11Lily Lloyd Empty Re: Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:22 pm

There's another Lily Lloyd marriage in Birkenhead to William Henry Burnett in 1903.

Now this one is older in 1911 born 1868 New Ferry Cheshire. She is 43 he is 53.

2 young children Florence Lily 6 and Dudley Moss Question 5.

12Lily Lloyd Empty Re: Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:26 pm

Nope not that one either she is daughter of George Moss Lloyd hence the name Moss for the child.

What range do we have for her birth between when to when? Parents married what year?

Last edited by Tourmie on Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total

13Lily Lloyd Empty Re: Lily Lloyd Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:30 pm

clematised

I cant think why they would have had a child in Newferry but its not impossible I think the Conning(Grandmothers name) Family had some family in Cheshire.

Edna

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]