History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

What happened to Emma Crew.............................

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

siamesewillow

Emma Crew born 1844 Hawkesbury Gloucestershire (registered under Crewe) parents Daniel Crew and Hester Williams. On the 8th June 1862 Emma marries Joseph Shields in Hawkesbury.

On FreeBMD I cannot find a marriage or any birth registered for Joseph.

On familysearch there is a marriage with Joseph's surname as Syfield. I have used this surname as well looking for the marriage but nothing.

Any help would be appreciated

siamese

This one looks promising bounce

Marriages Jun 1862 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Asken Hannah Chipping S 6a 302
Askew Hannah Chipping S 6a 302
Crew Emma Chipping S 6a 302
Godwin Mark Chipping S 6a 302
Lyfield Joseph Chipping S 6a 302

Found a Joseph Lyfield in 1861 census as a lodger in Hawkesbury. He is 22 ag lab and born Ankerton Wilts.

Interestingly the next census entry has 2 more Lyfields (married) James 19 and Mary 23 also born Ankerton.

I reckon this is his birth with the name spelt Leighfield.

Births Mar 1839 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Laurence Joseph Cricklade &c 8 291
Lawrence Joseph Faringdon 6 179
Leighfield Joseph Malmesbury 8 331

Birthplace I think is Hankerton not Ankerton. Dropping the H's even in those days!

Here he is with family in Hankerton 1841 aged 2.

William Leighfield
Hannah Leighfield
William Leighfield
Henry Leighfield
Eliza Leighfield
Carbline Leighfield
Joseph Leighfield

vron

where did the name joseph shields come from. i cant see one born or living in wiltshire/gloucestershire area in 1861 or 1871

Stuck with finding anything after the marriage I'm afraid. Have tried all kinds of different spellings/surnames etc but no luck.

There is a death for an Emma Leighfield in the Malmesbury area in 1870 but a little premature as age is given as 30 and without being certain of the surname can't say if it's your Emma.

Maybe they went to another country and had children there.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum