History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

a fmp address search please

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 a fmp address search please Empty a fmp address search please Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:55 pm

vron

can anyone do a 1911 address search for me please.

I have found a possible marriage between my g grandparents in Mar 1914 in St James, Toxteth , Liverpool ( they had actually been together for about 16/17 years and had 9 children by then but I have never been able to find a marriage) .

their ages fit as does the names and occupations of their parents. However the address of the marriage certificate for both of them is 11 Watson street. now this is different from the address in Rock Ferry, Wirral where they are in the earlier 1911 census and they were on Wirral as far as we know for the rest of their lives. They certainly died there.

I was wondering if the address is of a family member or whether it was just a random address they used in order to get married there.

so can anyone tell me who is living in 11 Watson street in 1911?

Thanks

2 a fmp address search please Empty Re: a fmp address search please Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:10 pm

What are their names siamese and name of parents?

Maybe they put the address of one set of parents on the marriage so we could look them up in 1911 and see if they were at Watson Street.

Is the full address 11 Watson Street St James Toxteth Liverpool?

3 a fmp address search please Empty Re: a fmp address search please Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:18 pm

If that's the full address then it's a Mr Jones, will see if can find proper.

Name:
Jones Mr

Number of Males:

Number of Females:

Household Schedule Number:

Street Address:
11 Watson Street

Civil Parish:
Toxteth Park

Ecclesiastical parish:
St James

County/Island:
Lancashire

4 a fmp address search please Empty Re: a fmp address search please Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:08 pm

vron

thanks tournie. that is the correct address. can you see if you can find any more details about the occupants. it isn't the address of the parents - both sets live in Anglesey where both of my g grandparents also originated from. interestingly one of the witnesses was a Mary Jones. It might simply be a friend whose address they are using. I was just wondering if it might help with the family at all because though I know g grandfather's parents names - they are the usual common ones in wales - John and Mary Griffiths -and I am no further forward with them than I was 10 years ago ( I have posted about them before)

5 a fmp address search please Empty Re: a fmp address search please Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:23 pm

I am searching the Jones in 1911 to find the lot at Watson St but no luck so far. There must be a quicker way of doing it but will keep going.

Maybe it was the address of a hotel where they were having a little honeymoon away from the 9 kids I love you 

6 a fmp address search please Empty Re: a fmp address search please Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:26 pm

vron

oh don't worry about it Tournie. don't spend time on it. it might have nothing to do with the family anyway. I have ancestry and can trawl through. I just thought someone with fmp might find it with the address search function.

8 a fmp address search please Empty Re: a fmp address search please Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:08 pm

vron

oh thank you so much STG - now all I have to do is find a connection? mary jones is born Amlwch which is where my grandparents were from so um...... I m going to have to have a look at this and a think.

it is possible that Jones is my g grandmothers maiden name ... or not...... so could that be the connection? I am going to have to see if I can trace mary jones back.

9 a fmp address search please Empty Re: a fmp address search please Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:34 pm

Yay Mary Jones well done.  All children born Liverpool.

This could be them in 1901.

Richard Jones 51 able seaman - he could have been at sea in 1911 - born Corwen Merionethshire
Mary 46
Harriet 12
Richard S 10
John R 7

2 or 3 marriages in Anglesey that could be theirs in 1883/84 - Mary Parry, Mary Jones, Mary Williams.

10 a fmp address search please Empty Re: a fmp address search please Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:40 pm

1891 address......11 Watson Street as was 1901 Very Happy 

Richard 41 mariner
Mary 38
Harriet 3
Richard S 2 months
Harry R Jones 11 nephew - transcribed as Alnwick Dorset but original reads same birthplace as Mary Anglesey Amlwch

11 a fmp address search please Empty Re: a fmp address search please Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:28 pm

vron

thanks to you both. I have looked at the family now and can see no connection to mine at moment but will keep it on back boiler in case something comes up later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum