History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Help with a marriage please

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Help with a marriage please Empty Help with a marriage please Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:41 pm

siamesewillow

George Coole born 1759 ( not sure where he was born bur likely Bristol) married Elizabeth Austin in 1779 Bristol. I can find no record about Elizabeth.

They had a son George born 1775 (c) Bristol.

Now in 1807 I have come across a marriage between a Sarah Williams and George Coole and was wandering if this could be my George.

Any way of finding out?

Any help would be appreciated

siamese

2Help with a marriage please Empty Re: Help with a marriage please Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:52 pm

SmallTownGirl

Hi

Er ... if "they" had a son, George in1775, that would be four years before they married (you say 1779).

Is that right?

The 1779 marriage was at St Philip & St Jacob's, and the 1807 marriage was at the same church.  

Are you thinking that the 1807 one is George (the younger), or a widowed George (the elder)?  Only way of knowing, as the images don't seem to be available on-line, is to get someone to physically check the PR for you.

STG

3Help with a marriage please Empty Re: Help with a marriage please Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:11 pm

siamesewillow

I received a copy from familysearch photo service (before it ended) of the marriage for George and Elizabeth.

George junior birth is only approx, have his baptism in 1778.

Well the marriage to Sarah could be either, George junior married Hannah Milsom in 1803 so more likely to be the father.

I'll put a request on rootschat to see if anyone will be visiting the Bristol record office sometime, very likely after Christmas.

Thanks for your advice

siamese

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum