History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Shepherd family again.....................................................

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

siamesewillow

Three of the children of George and Sarah Shepherd I cannot find any information on

Hester Ann born 1825
Mary Jane Elizabeth Lovelace born 1827
Ellen Adams Shepherd born 1830
All 3 where born in Almondsbury Gloucestershire

Any elp would be appreciated.

siamese

Could this be them in 1841 Almondsbury Question

John Sheppard 10
Ellen " 10
Jane " 15
Hester 15
Thos " 15 - carpenters ap?
Sarah Berger 35

They seem to have virtually a whole census page to themselves and I don't know where "Berger" comes from as it looks like the ditto mark to me Exclamation

One name on the preceeding line is William Webb publican so presume Sarah is his ditto. There is a William Webb/Sarah Shepherd marriage 1835.

But when did George die do you know? If he was still around this can't be his Sarah.

siamesewillow

Hi

George dies quite early in 1833.

siamese

So the dates would fit then.

There's a William Webb innkeeper dies 1865 Temple St Bristol (marriage was 25/5/1835 Temple Bristol) but it doesn't mention a widow Sarah or that he was widower himself so may be barking up the wrong tree.

Brother John Webb and William Moody execs.

Am struggling to find anyone on a census but it's a good combination of names on that 1841 to fit the children you mention. If it is them they could be under Webb? but the girls no doubt married so would be under another name anyway.

That William seems to have another, younger by 21 years, wife Ellen by 1861 - marriage 1857 - and a young son Charles 4 so Sarah must have died and he moved on.

Ok might be on the right track after all in 1851 Almondsbury Black Horse Inn

William Webb 54 victualler
Eltha (Esther I think) Sheppard 25 daughter in law b Almondsbury barmaid and housekeeper
plus vistor and couple of servants

siamesewillow

Thanks Toumie, I have something to work on.

siamese

siamesewillow

Thanks Toumie, I have something to work on.

siamese

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum