History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

liverpool hall family puzzle

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1liverpool hall family puzzle Empty liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:46 pm

vron

Puzzle
Doing this research for a friend. What is known is that lilian Margaret Peers Hall was born in Liverpool around 1900 and had two siblings Elizabeth and mary Edith ellen hall.

these baptism come up

Name: Elizabeth Hollingsworth Dickinson Mary Hall
Baptism Date: 26 Jan 1898
Parish: Everton St Polycarp
Father's Name: Robert Hall (plasterer of 17 beatrice street)
Mother's name: Elizabeth Hollingsworth Margaret Hall

Name: Lilian Peers Margaret Hall
Birth Date: 2 Oct 1900
Baptism Date: 7 Nov 1900
Father's Name: Robert Hall (plasterer of 32 amos street)
Mother's name: Elizabeth Hall

Her death reg gives a birth date of 2 oct 1900

Name: Mary Edith Eleanor Hall
Birth Date: 21 Apr 1901
Baptism Date: 30 Apr 1902
Father's Name: Robert Hall (plasterer of 32 amos atreet)
Mother's name: Elizabeth Hall

Her death reg as mary e Donovan gives a birth date of 21 Apr 1901

Well one thing I noticed is that the birthdate of lilian and mary only has a diffence of just over 7 months, so mary would have to have been quite early.

Name: Robert Hall
Age in 1911: 48
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1863
Relation to Head: Husband
Birth Place: In Parish West derby
Civil parish: Everton
County/Island: Lancashire
Street Address: 107 Arkwright St
Marital Status: Married
Registration district: West Derby
Registration District Number: 455
Sub-registration district: North Everton
ED, institution, or vessel: 2
Piece: 22485
Household Members: Name Age
Robert Hall 48
Elizabeth Hall 37
Elizabeth H Hall 13
Lilian P M Hall 10
Mary E E Hall 9

So all seems well. They are given as having 5 children born - 3 living and 2 dead.

Name: Robert Hall
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1863
Relation: Head
Spouse's Name: Elizabeth Hall
Where born: West Derby, Lancashire, England
Civil parish: Everton
Ecclesiastical parish: St George
County/Island: Lancashire
Street Address: 32 amos street
Registration district: West Derby
Sub-registration district: North Everton
Piece: 3475
Folio: 98
Page Number: 29
Household Members: Name Age
Robert Hall 38 plasterer
Elizabeth Hall 27
Lily Hall 3
Sarah Hall 6 Months
John Peers 53 father in law

Questions
Where is Elizabeth h hall? How is Lily 3 years old . elizabeth should be 3 . Lily should be 6 months. I know ages can be out but these are quite exact? UNLESS LILY IS ELIZABETH AND SARAH IS LILY??????

Why cant I find sarahs birth reg or baptism or death - assuming she is one of the dead children from the 1911. And her birth would have difficulty being 1900 ie slotting in between lily and mary who already only have a 7 month gap – unless she was a twin

What happens to Elizabeth Hollingsworth hall after 1911

I can go back from Robert etc but just having trouble placing the children exactly . The fifth child who is missing on the 1911 is Robert john born aug 1905 died jul 1906

2liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:38 pm

Not looked at anything else yet but first thought on reading it through is that Mary's birth should be April 1902 not 1901 especially as she was baptised in 1902.

7 months would be too early to have another child I think. Even if the baby was early she would have had to have been "with child" straight away.

3liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:47 pm

vron

ooh tourmie .

so obvious when you point it out. looking at the image it simply says date of birth without a year next to the baptism date.

and her death reg say 1902 Embarassed

4liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:03 pm

Very Happy

The census is still a tangle tho isn't it.

6 months back from 1901 census would be October 1900 so either Sarah is Lily or she is a twin. Am having a look at births to see if there were two on the same page.
What registration district should they be under?

Sarah and Robert could be the 2 missing from 1911.

5liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:12 pm

Nope doesn't appear to be a twin. No other baby Halls on the same page as Lilian.

I guess parents just not very good at remembering names!

So who is the other missing baby from 1911? There was time to have another after Robert and before 1911.

Last edited by Tourmie on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

6liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:13 pm

vron

the district is west derby

Hall

Lilian Peers M W. Derby 8b 442
HALL

Mary Edith E W. Derby 8b 472

no- one on the page with them

7liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:15 pm

vron

it is funny that i can find the baptisms in the same church of the other four children - just not sarah or whoever she is.

8liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:28 pm

What address were they at when Robert was baptised?

I would think most likely one born and died after that.

On the face of it Sarah looks to be Lily and Lily to be Elizabeth in 1901 but why the mix up with the names I don't know.

There's an Elizabeth H Hall marriage W.Derby Dec 1917 to Frederick Osborne but without all the extra names to confirm she could be any Elizabeth.

9liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:32 pm

vron

yes it is a strange mix up of names isnt it. i could understand if they had said lizzie and the enumerator heard lily but i can see how lily could become sarah.

robert was baptised aug 2005 and they were still at amos street

10liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 pm

Right so if they moved after that to the address they are at in 1911 another child could have been baptised at a different church.

11liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:03 pm

clematised

12liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:32 pm

clematised

http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/376452 Holy Trinity Walton Breck Road, the baptisms are given as this church I think,

Beatrice Street was in my locality growing up

Dont think the parish church makes any difference though.

Edna

13liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:37 pm

vron

this is the parish given on ancestry for the baptisms of four of the children. is this the same.

14liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:55 pm

clematised

http://www.flickr.com/photos/radarsmum67/3451262064/

Strange, baptisms in two churches?

Edna

15liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:04 pm

There's a Thomas Alfred W Hall born and died Sep 1908 W.Derby.

He only stands out because he has a lot of names like the others. Plus he would slot in after Robert and before 1911.

It's not much but will throw it out there Basketball

16liverpool hall family puzzle Empty Re: liverpool hall family puzzle Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:25 am

vron

thanks for your help. will have to leave it for a bit as bit of family crisis going on with daughter but will pick it up again later

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum