History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Family twees

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Family twees Empty Family twees Thu Mar 14, 2013 3:29 pm

Has anyone had experience of inputting their own tree onto ancestry?

I thought I would have a go this afternoon and have added several names but it won't seem to let me add a child without adding a spouse first and I have unmarried women in the mix!

If anyone has come across the same problem would like to know what to do. I've looked at the FAQ's etc but would rather ask here first before contacting them for help.

2Family twees Empty Re: Family twees Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:37 pm

SmallTownGirl

That sounds a bit odd (not allowing you to add a child without first adding a spouse). I'm sure I've done it in my trees.

How exactly are you trying to add the peeps to the tree? Mother first, then child?

I was a bit concerned that having built my trees on Ancestry, I wouldn't be able to print them out properly, so I bought a copy of FamilyTree Maker software, which cost about £20 and gave me an extra 6mths Ancestry sub for free (you just have to ring Ancestry on their 0800 number to sort it).

You can then synch Ancestry with FamilyTree software and it keeps all the source info too. Might that be something that you'd consider?

Sorry to sound like a promo for FamilyTree software.

Last edited by SmallTownGirl on Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correct typos)

3Family twees Empty Re: Family twees Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:16 pm

What I'm doing is clicking on her name then "edit this person" then clicking on "relationships" which shows me her father and mother as already entered and spouse add a spouse under which is the done button.

On the others I have added spouses and then it comes up the option to add children.

I have a programme on my computer (Family Tree Legends) with all the info on but have never branched out and done a public tree before.

4Family twees Empty Re: Family twees Thu Mar 14, 2013 7:04 pm

SmallTownGirl

I add peeps from the main Overview page (for an individual) by clicking on Add Family Member (over on the r/h side of the page).

Give that a try and let me know.

STG

5Family twees Empty Re: Family twees Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:54 pm

Add family member worked like a charm thanks for the tip cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum