History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cooee address buddy help please!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cooee address buddy help please! Empty Cooee address buddy help please! Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:52 pm

I am a pain with addresses but I just can't seem to get the hang of finding them.  I type in the area and get nothing up at all Surprised 

I found a son of Frederick James Burroughs who was killed in WW1.  The letter sent to his father was addressed to 99 Kingsdown Road Upper Stratton Swindon Wilts in May 1919.

Now I know he wasn't there in 1911 but would like to know where that address was.  I know part of that road changed to Beechcroft Road which is not far from me today.

Can anyone please find me that address in 1911 and give me the name of the person living there so I can look it up and try locate it?

Thanks so much.

2Cooee address buddy help please! Empty Re: Cooee address buddy help please! Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:07 pm

Scrap that one sorry no road numbers to go on so would be near impossible to find out where it was anyway Embarassed 

More than likely under the main road I can see from the bedroom window so will be content with that view I think.

flower 

3Cooee address buddy help please! Empty Re: Cooee address buddy help please! Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:21 pm

SmallTownGirl

Huff. Puff. Turning up late again. Sorry about that. Embarassed 

Would it be possible to identify it, or at least narrow down the options, by looking at the neighbours?

If in 1901, on one side of the Burroughs , there was a family called Smith, living next door to the Jones, living next door to the Robinsons, and on the other side families called Armstrong, then Burton, then Lewis, you could try to find them in 1911 and see what's missing.

Just a thort. Feel free to ignore my ramblings Smile

4Cooee address buddy help please! Empty Re: Cooee address buddy help please! Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:31 pm

Unfortunately he hasn't appeared in Swindon before. I only know he must have moved here after the 1911 census (when he was in Arlingham Glos) and before 1919 when he was sent the letter about his son.

Don't worry about it but thanks for turning up Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum