History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sister Sarah - is this her?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sister Sarah - is this her? Empty Sister Sarah - is this her? Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:32 am

The sister Sarah Hinchliffe age 20 born Huddersfield 1841 with George and wife Jane in Derbyshire 1861 is driving me nuts scratch 

I've found a Sarah Ann Hinchliffe born Huddersfield 1841 in Derbyshire 1871/1881/1891 with a James Hinchliffe and children William born Hadfield 1865 Tom born Hadfield 1872 and Wilfred W born Gamesley 1876.

However I can't find a marriage for James & Sarah Ann to see if her maiden name was also Hinchliffe.  Is this a married couple?  Perfectly possible they both had the same surname and if so I need her fathers name from somewhere as well oh dear.

Have posted this on Roots as well as more people = more resources but grateful for any comments as always.
Popping out to clear my head for a bit.  Maybe when I get back Derbyshire will have replied with a father for George pig

2Sister Sarah - is this her? Empty Re: Sister Sarah - is this her? Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:18 am

I'm actually fed up with the whole George/Sarah thing now so am just going to send for the marriage certificate and be done with it!  
Someone thinks the George & Jane I found in Derbyshire actually married in Barnsley and his father was William but how they came to that conclusion I don't know.
Anyway it will stop me rambling on about it and going round in circles Sleep tho I will post when I get the certificate to put your minds at rest Very Happy

3Sister Sarah - is this her? Empty Re: Sister Sarah - is this her? Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:03 pm

Certificate arrived today.

Father Henry Sanderson Shocked  Least that's what it looks like.  Certainly not Hinchliffe or James.

Game over.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum