History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

John H Northrop

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1John H Northrop Empty John H Northrop Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:13 pm

Having a dabble for this gent who I have very scant info about. He was married to Florence Wyatt in 1917 in Hampshire and that's about all I know.

I can see a John Herbert Northrop born Bradford in 1899 but not sure if this is he.

John Herbert seems to be in Canada later on as there is reference to a marriage and death there which I can't view. Could be mine absconded or a different person. I can see Florence didn't die young so he wasn't widowed or anything.

Any suggestions appreciated.

2John H Northrop Empty Re: John H Northrop Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:50 pm

SmallTownGirl

There's a Taylor Tree on Ancestry that has a John Herbert Northrop, b. 24 Dec 1889, in the West Riding, d. 1962, British Columbia, Canada. He seems to have married an Edith Blanche Ingram on 10 Nov 1910 in Vancouver, she died in British Columbia in 1967. No children recorded. His parents are Samuel, b. Yorkshire 23 Aug 1866 and Lily [surname unlisted] b. Lancashire 29 April 1871. The family emigrated to Canada in 1901.

I can see a JHN in the 1891 census in the UK with his parents (although can't remember their names now*), but can't find him in 1901 or 1911, but then if he was in Canada that would explain it.

Two different JHN's perhaps?

STG

* edited to say : looked again and it was Samuel and Lily

3John H Northrop Empty Re: John H Northrop Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:22 pm

Right that can't be the same person then. My one had a child in England in 1920 but the 1899 Bradford birth was the one that leapt out as the most obvious candidate.

Will have to look for another Northrop thanks.

4John H Northrop Empty Re: John H Northrop Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:26 pm

SmallTownGirl

I have to agree about the 1889 Bradford one seeming to be the most obvious.

Perhaps the "H" is a mis-transcription and John's middle initial is something different. Not that that helps, of course, but it could explain why there's not another obvious birth that pops up.

STG

5John H Northrop Empty Re: John H Northrop Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:36 pm

There's a John Robert who dies in Hampshire born in 1886 but I can't find a corresponding birth *

Herbert/Robert could get mixed up.

*could be this one

Births Jun 1886

NORTRUPP John Robert Cambridge

Last edited by Tourmie on Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : new info)

6John H Northrop Empty Re: John H Northrop Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:03 pm

vron

there is a john northrop who is in hampshire for the 1911 census .

Person: NORTROP, John
Institution: Martinigue Border Regiment 2nd Batt, MARTINIQUE BARRACKS
Military details: Lance Corporal 2nd Bn Border Regiment

he is born 1885 in donacaster so i wonder if he is the one dies there later on - in which case there wouldnt be a hampshire birth. could he be the one that marries in hampshire in 1917 too???

7John H Northrop Empty Re: John H Northrop Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:06 pm

vron

right that one is NORTROP in 1901 too . i can see him at home with his family - he is an iron moulder. and nortrop in 1891 too

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum