History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scotland - Houstoun family

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Scotland - Houstoun family Empty Scotland - Houstoun family Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:14 pm

vron

I have a Colonel Hugh Houstoun who marries
1. Katherine Whitmore in quatt, Shropshire in 1799
2. Sarah Mason in St Helen, Worcester in 1811

He dies in 1824 in Upton on Severn and his burial gives an age of 49 meaning a birth date of about 1775.

Now i have never been able to find his birth but believe him (90%) to be the son of Col andrew Houstoun and Margaret Weir/Wallace ( daughter of hugh wallace and margaret white) of Jordanhill, Glasgow , scotland. He names his first daughter Margaret wallace Houstoun, his other children are also given strong family names eg alexander, hugh, andrew, isabella.

I have quite alot of info on andrew houstouns family in glasgow and many things seem to fit but i would like some proof that they are connected. i can find the baptisms of other children of andrew and margaret weir of renfrew.

i have aso found this alternative baptism for example

Name: Hugh Houstoun
Baptism/Christening Date: 02 Aug 1782
Baptism/Christening Place: CLYNE,SUTHERLAND,SCOTLAND

Father's Name: Hugh Houstoun
Mother's Name: Anna Houstoun

Indexing Project (Batch) Number: C11045-2
System Origin: Scotland-ODM

It has been a long standing niggle that i cant find any proof to connect him other than superficial proababilities and i would love to know one way or the other.

vron

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum