History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cannot find a birth..............................

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

siamesewillow

Having difficulty with this birth.

Ethel Matilda Dickenson born 1886 (c) Bristol. Parents Richard and Emma Jane Dickenson.

On the 1891 census Ethel is called Lilley,
On the 1901 census she is called Matilda, but could be wrong census as the mother is called Emily.

Any help would be appreciated

siamese

SmallTownGirl

Hi

The only one I can find is this :

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Dec 1886 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dickenson Ethel Matilda Cheltenham 6a 387

I know Cheltenham isn't Bristol (she said, stating the obvious), but it's not a million miles away. Question

What do you think?

STG

siamesewillow

Yes, found that death entry and a death in 1887, but I have my doubts, thing, register a birth and death miles away? Another factor all her siblings have baptism dates etc so I.m wandering if Ethel was incorrect especially as I found her on ancestry family trees.

Siblings
Mary Ann Elizabeth b 1885
Ethel Matilda b 1886????
Emma b 1887
William b 1891

Thanks

siamese

I think you have the right family and Lilley/Matilda are the same girl as in 1891 she is 5 sister Emma 3 and in 1901 15 and sister Emma 13.

Parents have aged correctly Richard 25 to 36 and Emma/Emily 29 to 39.
(The above census entry has a Robert and Emily Dickenson so possible mistake with Emma to Emily for your one)

Also they are living Barton Place for both years.

However that doesn't find the birth for your girl scratch

Last edited by Tourmie on Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Amended info)

When did parents marry? Don't suppose there would be a reason for her to be registered under maiden name?

Is she around in 1911 tho don't suppose that would really help with finding her birth hmmmm.

siamesewillow

Her parents married in 1884, but she had a older sister Mary Ann born 1885.

siamese

So what happened to Mary Ann if she isn't on the census with parents did she pass away Question

There's another son Henry as well in 1901 aged 6 if that helps clear or muddy the waters Neutral

siamesewillow

Found Mary Ann Elizabeth on the IGI
IGI Individual Record FamilySearchâ„¢ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download | Print

Mary Ann Elizabeth Dickinson
Pedigree
Female

Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
08 NOV 1885 St Phillip And Jacob, Bristol, Gloucester, England
Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: Richard Dickinson
Family
Mother: Emma

Cannot find a death for her

siamese

groom's name:
Edward William Allen
groom's birth date:
groom's age:

bride's name:
Mary Ann Elizabeth Dickinson
bride's birth date:
bride's age:

marriage date:
25 Dec 1908
marriage place:
Christ Church Barton Hill, Bristol, Gloucester, England

groom's father's name:
William Davis Hunt Allen
bride's father's name:
Richard James Dickinson

Last edited by Tourmie on Tue Apr 10, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : More space less speed)

siamesewillow

Thanks Tourmie, I have found a Mary Ann Elizabeth on several family trees on ancestry with same siblings as I have, but no other entry for Mary Ann. Wander where she disappeared to in between birth and marriage Exclamation

Thanks for the marriage entry from familysearch.

siamese

Don't know where she went after marriage either!

Where did the name Ethel come from - a family tree? It's a pretty tight window for her to have been born between Mary Ann and Emma but not impossible.

Will get to the bottom of it somehow study

siamesewillow

I'm wandering if Ethel and Mary Ann are the same, reason Mary's middle name is Elizabeth and on one of the trees Matilda is called Lilley?? Funny there are baptisms/birth registration for the other children in detail but nothing regarding Ethel. I may contact the tree owner to ask where they obtained the information if any on Ethel.

My computer is playing up so using the library ones at present.

Thanks

siamese

Idea good thinking of course an obvious likely conclusion doh!
I must say she is a little greedy not being content with 3 names she has to have five to choose from Laughing

My experience of trees on there is dire. More wrong information than you can shake a stick at but I would certainly ask them as Ethel doesn't come up anywhere that we know of ie on a census so would be interesting to know where it came from.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum