History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where was Elizabeth in 1881?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where was Elizabeth in 1881? Empty Where was Elizabeth in 1881? Wed Jul 18, 2012 7:39 pm

siamesewillow

Elizabeth Coole born 1844 Bristol, married to William Charles Trott in 1866. On the 1871 census they are living in Bedminster, William is a carpenter.(In 1861 he was a ship carpenter app.

It looks like William dies in 1877, as yet I have not obtained a death certificate,

In 1891 Elizabeth is a widow, living in Bristol, occupation nurse and her sister Matilda is living with her.

But cannot find her on any of the 1881 census. The nearest entry I can find is a Elizabeth Trott born 1847,lodger, fimarried. fish hawker, could be her but not sure

Any help would be appreciated

siamese

2Where was Elizabeth in 1881? Empty Re: Where was Elizabeth in 1881? Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:58 am

Hmmm nope can't find a better candidate than the one you found siamese.

However just to correct something that may confuse, there is a tree has him dying 2 May 1877 and the probate for that chap says he was a corn thresher died at Hele and his widow was Sarah Matilda.

There are two Charles Trotts dying in 1877 (the probate one above was William Trott) aged 31 and 34 Bristol.

I don't know which one you were thinking could be yours or how old he was but switching to Charles instead of William Charles Neutral

3Where was Elizabeth in 1881? Empty Re: Where was Elizabeth in 1881? Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:41 pm

vron

if he didnt die in 1877 wht about this one

name:William Trott

BURIAL

event date:09 Apr 1885

event place:Bristol, St Mary Redcliffe, Gloucestershire, England

digital folder number:4209987

4Where was Elizabeth in 1881? Empty Re: Where was Elizabeth in 1881? Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:06 am

siamesewillow

Thanks for your assistance. Another problem is he could of died at sea? Maybe Elizabeth (the fish hawker) was lodging bacause he was at sea. Is there anyway or site available that can prove this?

siamese

5Where was Elizabeth in 1881? Empty Re: Where was Elizabeth in 1881? Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:04 pm

Elizabeth the fish hawker looks very much like Unmarried to me. There's no "a" in the middle of "Mar" like other entries and I do think it's "Unm"

I did see another query about her (not sure if it was you posting it) and someone found that Elizabeth the fish hawker had a fish hawker for a father so ruled her out as being yours.

All we really know for certain is they are both missing from 1881 census and she is widowed sometime between 1871 and 1891 which is a fair gap!

As to dying at sea I have one and managed to obtain a certificate (of sorts) noted by the captain and everything.

I believe there is an index somewhere of deaths at sea, or hang on, maybe deaths abroad not sure but someone on that other site is bound to know.

They know everything on there Wink

I wouldn't rule out the two Charles deaths just in case 1877 is correct year but got mixed up with the wrong man.

Maybe try and find more info on them - burial records from church or something?
Sorry that's a bit vague but all I can think of at the moment.

6Where was Elizabeth in 1881? Empty Re: Where was Elizabeth in 1881? Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:31 pm

siamesewillow

Thanks for your advice, Tourmie,

siamese

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum