History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lloyd-Williams

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:12 pm

SmallTownGirl

Ah, well, if he's William L Williams ....

IGI has a marriage between a William Lewis Williams and a Mary Ellen Wells Long on 30 July 1882 at Frampton on Severn, Gloucestershire; husband 22, wife 24 at the time of marriage.

STG

Edited to say: Someone on Ancestry has her as b. 1857 at Frampton on Severn, d/o David Long and Ann Elizabeth Niblett.

Frampton on Severn is no-where near Bath though. It's north/east-ish of Stroud and have just seen the message to say that he's William LLOYD (not Lewis) Williams. At least that's one avenue closed.

Last edited by SmallTownGirl on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

27Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:20 pm

jc26red

I think he is William LLOYD Williams though STG

28Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:35 pm

SmallTownGirl

According to the Ship's Passenger List, in 1888 he's 36, so he would have been born ~ 1852.

I've searched freeBMD for births of William Lloyd Williams between 1845 and 1860 and it gives :

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Births Dec 1846 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Williams William Lloyd Llanrwst 27 193

Births Mar 1847 (>99%)

Williams William Lloyd Carnarvon 27 353

Births Sep 1849 (>99%)

WILLIAMS William Lloyd Wirral 19 33[60]

Births Mar 1855 (>99%)

Williams William Lloyd Awen Carnarvon 11b 482
Williams William Lloyd Owen Carnarvon 11b 482

Births Sep 1855 (>99%)

Williams William Lloyd Holywell 11b 255

Births Jun 1856 (>99%)

Williams William Lloyd St Asaph 11b 391

Births Mar 1860 (>99%)

WILLIAMS William Lloyd Liverpool 8b 116

Births Dec 1860 (>99%)

WILLIAMS William Lloyd Reigate 2a 138

none of which seem to particulary fit our "Bill"*

*see what I did there? Smile

STG

29Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:06 pm

mckay1402

Admin

This is very interesting stuff indeed. It seems a long way to go not to stay a bit longer in those days. would have taken at least two weeks to get there. Thank you for finding it though.

The BMD search for William Lloyd Williams is interesting. Is it possible that the census is incorrect?

It's also very interesting the Fred was christened in Knowle as that appears to be nowhere near where they lived...intriguing

https://historyisnow.forumotion.co.uk

30Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:17 pm

jc26red

Well, this was where they were living at the time of the 1891 census!

I know that because my ggrandparents were also baptising children at the same church at the same time!

31Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:49 pm

mckay1402

Admin

Wow that's e revelation. so your grand parents could have baptised my great great uncle...

32Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Sun Dec 18, 2011 9:04 pm

jc26red

maybe but familysearch doesn't give the name of the curate unfortunately. One day I'll get to see the PRs

33Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Mon Dec 26, 2011 10:18 pm

mckay1402

Admin

If anyone is interested I got the birth certificate for Albert Lloyd Williams and his mother was Mary Allen. Now I just have to find her birth. Interestingly I was given a book called bred of heaven for Christmas which is about a man trying to trace his e Welsh roots.

34Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:41 am

SmallTownGirl

According to FreeBMD, there are only two William Williams who married Mary Allens between 1870 and 1883 :

Surname First name(s) District Vol Page

Marriages Dec 1874 (>99%)

Williams William Bristol 6a 76

Marriages Jun 1876 (>99%)

Williams William Henry Ormskirk 8b 1096

and both seem "early" as the oldest child we know about was Albert b. 1883. We can probably rule out the Ormskirk one (1. because it's in Ormskirk, and 2. because it's a William Henry), which just leaves us with the 1874 one registered in Bristol.

If I were you (or should it be if I was you?), I'd ask for a Look-up on the Gloucestershire boards at Roots Chat to see if someone has a CD of the Gloucs marriages and see if that reveals anything.

Hope you had a good Christmas.

STG

35Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:48 pm

vron

well that certainly fits with the baptism of frederick that edna found. that means that william william has a middle name of lloyd and mary allen has a middle name of ellen which might help later on when collaborating evidence comes up. i think it would be worth a punt at the marriage that STG found in Bristol ( even if it is earlier than expected from the children we know about. they are older enough to have married earlier and there may have been children that died.) hopefully that cert might have middle names on it which would confirm.

36Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:45 am

mckay1402

Admin

Unfortunately there are no middle names. It must be the Bristol one. Interestingly no welsh connection whatsoever yet...

37Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:07 pm

SmallTownGirl

mckay1402 wrote:Unfortunately there are no middle names. It must be the Bristol one. Interestingly no welsh connection whatsoever yet...

But if we could find out the bride and groom's father's names, who knows what else we might be able to find ...

STG

38Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:15 pm

mckay1402

Admin

Well I think I may have found William Williams mother and where the Lloyd came from. Martha Williams shows as the mother of a William Williams in Bristol on the 1861 census. No father though but Marthas maiden name was Lloyd.

39Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:54 pm

SmallTownGirl

Oh, well done.

If you need any more help, just give us all a call.

STG

40Lloyd-Williams - Page 2 Empty Re: Lloyd-Williams Thu Dec 29, 2011 7:26 pm

mckay1402

Admin

Thank you. I wouldn't have even got that far without you lovely people. I will certainly not hesitate to ask...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum