History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Missing birth entry

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Missing birth entry Empty Missing birth entry Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:38 pm

Charlotte Hinchliffe born c1864 Highworth district is not to be found on BMD. I know she was born as have her on census plus marriage and death for her.
She was Christened in 1870 (job lot)

I've no reason to suspect she was born anywhere outlandish. Place of birth is same as her siblings on census and she slots into the family perfectly between Sarah Ann in 1862 and Mark in 1866.

Do you think they just "forgot" to register her?

I have checked for different spellings etc

2Missing birth entry Empty Re: Missing birth entry Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:36 pm

vron

i have had a good search round using just charlotte , lottie, hinchliffe variations but cant find her ...sorry

3Missing birth entry Empty Re: Missing birth entry Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:44 pm

Thanks vron for having a look for her.

4Missing birth entry Empty Re: Missing birth entry Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:56 pm

SmallTownGirl

Sorry for not being around much lately, but modern day life has been getting in the way.

I've got a missing birth registration too. Here is Judith Hemming on the 1851 census. Large as life. No birth registration though:

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec?htx=view&r=5538&dbid=8860&iid=WARHO107_2074_2074-0849&fn=Judith&ln=Hemming&st=r&ssrc=pt_t23884140_p1559302020_kpidz0q3d1559302020z0q26pgz0q3d32768z0q26pgPLz0q3dpid&pid=9496590

The registration district for Cleeve Prior is Evesham and I've tried all sorts, but nothing.

Frustrating, isn't it?

STG

5Missing birth entry Empty Re: Missing birth entry Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:29 pm

flower

Odd isn't it. She was baptised 10 May 1847 Cleeve Prior so should have been registered in that year.

Have you got her later on to see if she is using the same name or is she the Judith that dies in 1855 Question

6Missing birth entry Empty Re: Missing birth entry Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:07 am

SmallTownGirl

Tourmie wrote:
Have you got her later on to see if she is using the same name or is she the Judith that dies in 1855 Question

Nope. Can't find her in 1861, so think she must be the 1855 death.

All the other children of the family (well, the ones born after 1837) were registered, so why not Judith? Also, I got quite excited when I saw that there was a Judith, because it made such a change from the zillions of Anns, Marys, Mary Anns, Elizabeths and Sarahs that I've already got, so I thought she'd be easy to trace. Got that wrong too then, didn't I?

STG

7Missing birth entry Empty Re: Missing birth entry Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:45 pm

Same with my Charlotte STG. I can find births for all her brothers and sisters.
Mind you they did get baptised in batches so maybe her parents were on the forgetful side Laughing

Yes Judith sounds a good name to follow. The 1855 death was in Stroud district if I recall.

8Missing birth entry Empty Re: Missing birth entry Mon Jul 09, 2012 9:47 am

SmallTownGirl

Hi

Just looked at the IGI and there's a burial on 23 July 1862 for a Judith Hemming in Cleeve Prior, so that's more likely to be her I think.

I've searched the 1861 census but can't find either her or her parents/family. I've been page-by-page through Welford on Avon, and there's only one Hemming. He must be related some how, but don't quite know how yet. However, even if they're not in Welford, I suspect they're not far away - especially if Judith is buried in Cleeve Prior. By 1871 Judith's mother, Emmeline/Emily (various spellings) is a widow, so Charles must have died between 1851 and 1871 and there are a couple of likely deaths. But if I could find them in 1861 it might narrow the date range down a bit.

Any ideas, please?

STG

9Missing birth entry Empty Re: Missing birth entry Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:50 am

Complete blank in 1861 I'm afraid. Can't even find Elizabeth who was only 1 in 1851.
Possible they were missed off completely for some reason in which case no amount of searching is going to find them.

Couple of BMD Evesham deaths for Charles you have probably seen Mar 1852 and Sep 1861.

Burials for Charles in Cleeve Prior 13 June 1854 and 2 Feb 1864 per family search.

Maybe someone in that local area would have access to more records than we can get our beady eyes on?

Really frustrating can't find them in 1861 No

10Missing birth entry Empty Re: Missing birth entry Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:39 pm

SmallTownGirl

> Maybe someone in the local area ...

Some months ago I posted a message on the Worcestershire Board at FTF asking if anyone had access to PRs on disc for Cleeve Prior for information on another member of the family, but didn't get anything particularly useful.

One of the replies even said something to the effect that the information would be available from Worcestershire Records Office. clown Helpful, eh?

And talking of helpful. Those Charles Hemming deaths in 1852 and 1861 don't chime with the burials in 1854 and 1864 - well, not unless it was a VERY long time between them dying and being buried! [I am joking] Smile

Just have to face it, there are some problems that we're not going to be able to solve.

STG

11Missing birth entry Empty Re: Missing birth entry Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:17 pm

Oh I know they don't tally at all do they Laughing

Can there be 4 different people with the same name in the same place? Mind you the BMD two needn't be from Cleeve Prior need they but somewhere else in the same registration district.

I could tell you a few stories about helpful. I helped someone out not long ago and immediately got a PM from someone else telling me not to help her as she could look it up herself and must not be spoon fed Shocked

If they are looking for someone and I can find them then why on earth would I just give them a vague hint they may well not have the experience to follow instead of posting the actual information? It's beyond me. Needless to say I didn't reply to the message pig

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum