History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

George Hinchliffe option 621

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1George Hinchliffe option 621 Empty George Hinchliffe option 621 Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:43 pm

Fiddling about at the library today I came across a newspaper notice of marriage Kirkburton between a George H and Mary Tinsdale of Cartworth in August 1854.  

I found a possible baptism for her Kirkburton 1832 parents Charles and Mercy but when I went to check the marriage entry no George is on there (BMD)
This raised my hopes a little that it would be an entry I had missed and a couple not thus far investigated.

Can anyone please find them to see if this George matches mine?  I don't really hold out much hope it is him to be honest but no stone unturned as they say. 
Mine was 16 in 1851 Huddersfield.

Thank you Basketball

2George Hinchliffe option 621 Empty Re: George Hinchliffe option 621 Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:24 am

Option 621 scrapped his father was Joseph Crying or Very sad 

Option 622 is to have a big win on the premium bonds and order every possible death certificate, and you know what, I don't reckon he would be on any of them.

3George Hinchliffe option 621 Empty Re: George Hinchliffe option 621 Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:22 pm

SmallTownGirl

Sad  Oh dear! Sad

But I'm in Pollyanna-mode today, so never say die.

4George Hinchliffe option 621 Empty Re: George Hinchliffe option 621 Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:58 pm

Thanks Polly Laughing 

5George Hinchliffe option 621 Empty Re: George Hinchliffe option 621 Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:49 am

SmallTownGirl

Would it help (or merely depress) to write a précis of what you know about George, including the Georges that you've eliminated (and why)?

Then, perhaps, we could all have another bash at him.  I'd be "up for it" as the yoof of today sez Wink

6George Hinchliffe option 621 Empty Re: George Hinchliffe option 621 Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:23 am

Help and depress in equal measures I reckon but worth a shot.

Wot I know.

1841 census with parents James and Sarah Hinchliffe age 5 Huddersfield.
1851 census with mother Sarah and sisters Charlotte and Emma age 16 Huddersfield woollen finisher man.

That's it.

7George Hinchliffe option 621 Empty Re: George Hinchliffe option 621 Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:32 am

Who has been eliminated from my enquiries Cool 

He is not the George who married

Ann Cuckson - wrong father
Jane Silverwood - wrong father
Mary Tinsdale - wrong father
Someone Kaye - wrong father
Harriet Lockwood - wrong father
Hannah Butterworth - wrong father
Lydia Taylor - wrong father
Priscilla Asquith - wrong father

Nor the one with a sister Sarah Hinchliffe because there wasn't a sister Sarah.

I have got a couple of wrong death certificates between 1851-1861 but can't lay my hands on those at the moment.

There was one in prison you found for me previous but inconclusive and he should turn up afterwards if it was him.  

There was one on a passenger list occupation hatter but I think from US census eliminated him - wrong birthplace.

I have got marriages for all his siblings and he doesn't turn up as a witness.  

Makes me think he died but have asked before and no ages on burial index seem to fit him.  

Have asked the cemetery where his mother and brother/sister are buried and they can't find anything for him.

8George Hinchliffe option 621 Empty Re: George Hinchliffe option 621 Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:19 pm

Ooh just had a thought Idea maybe my little address buddy could look up the same address as 1851 in 1861 to see if he stayed put to keep house?  
Address was this Pedley Factory place pretty sure same place as 1841 Allen Row.

Mother Sarah had remarried by 1861 so she was orff with new hubby.  
Sister Charlotte had died and sister Emma had married.  

Another thought is have only really been concentrating on deaths in Huddersfield area, he could have trundled off on his own and died anywhere in the country.  Oh dear.

9George Hinchliffe option 621 Empty Re: George Hinchliffe option 621 Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:49 pm

SmallTownGirl

I've only just got back in, so won't tackle this properly until tomorrow, but have read what you have writ.

> my little address buddy ...
Is that me? Ooo er!

10George Hinchliffe option 621 Empty Re: George Hinchliffe option 621 Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:09 pm

SmallTownGirl

Not the best of starts - can't find Pedley Factory or Doggate/Dog Gate in 1861.  Tried a few neighbours from the 1851 census, but that didn't help me either. Sad 

Will try to have another look tomorrow.

Any luck locating those wrong death certs yet?

Idea: Why don't you try posting on the W.Yorks board at RootsChat? Someone there may have the Huddersfield PRs and might be able to find him for you. Just a thort Question 

11George Hinchliffe option 621 Empty Re: George Hinchliffe option 621 Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:51 am

Sorry was out most of yesterday and again today and this evening so not had a chance to hunt for those deaths.  Pretty sure one was Mar 1860 and was a baby George.

Thanks for the Idea think I've asked pretty much everywhere and every contact I help out who offers help in return I throw George at them bom   

It's kind of you to have another try I do appreciate it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum