History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

George the quest continues

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1George the quest continues Empty George the quest continues Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:09 pm

Got another lead which looks promising.

A death in Rastrick December 1856 age 20.  Halifax district.

I feel good about this one so have ordered the certificate.  Makes sense he died between 1851-1861 because we've looked over and over for him in census.  

Just hope the informant is someone in the family or will be none the wiser  silent 
His mother was still alive then and she appears on several of her children's certificates so fingers crossed.

Estimated delivery is a quick one for this time of year the 20th but doubt it will arrive before 25th.
What a nice present that would be  santa

2George the quest continues Empty Re: George the quest continues Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:02 pm

Oh dear think I've jumped in with both feet again  Laughing 

There's yet another George born the same time who goes missing after 1851.  Never knew there were so many about.  The death can't be for both of them so if it is wrong at least I can rule another one out.
His mother was Sarah as well just to add to the confusion.

My New Years resolution had better be "look before you leap"  Cool

rendeer 

3George the quest continues Empty Re: George the quest continues Wed Dec 18, 2013 7:38 pm

SmallTownGirl

I've read your thread elsewhere and it looks as if you're getting some ace info.

Fingers crossed  rendeer rendeer rendeer 

4George the quest continues Empty Re: George the quest continues Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:31 am

Yes we veered off to Australia suddenly but that wasn't him either Laughing 

Now I have someone being a doubting Thomas - literally - and thinking my Thomas was born to James & Sally not James & Sarah Shocked 

If I have got that wrong again I will be mortified  pale 

Don't think I have as the odds are in my favour with various bits of evidence but still.  

James & Sally had a son Tom baptised 1831 who isn't on the 1841 census so assume has died.  However death for a 17 year old Thomas in 1847 is arousing suspicion so I need to find who he was to quash the doubts  Cool

5George the quest continues Empty Re: George the quest continues Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:58 pm

Just to confirm the death was for George son of Daniel so another one bites the dust.

6George the quest continues Empty Re: George the quest continues Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:24 pm

SmallTownGirl

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum