History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Wainwright problem..........................................

2 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Ok well Harry Osbourne was a photographer in 1911 so I would say she simply put the surname as Wainwright to match her own and there isn't a mystery man called Harry Wainwright anywhere.

That's just my initial guess anyway Smile

siamesewillow

Legally could Jessie do that?

I was told you could give what names you liked and the information wasn't checked or anything.
I have one marriage certificate with a completely made up fathers name and others marrying - and signing - using nicknames not their given birth names.

In this case I would say Harry O and Harry W are the same person, too much of a coincidence he was a photographer and called Harry to be a different man don't you think.

Finding her birth record is another matter. The only 1883 was Runcorn and her parents were John Owen W and Amelia Ann.

I wonder if she was born in Walsall at all seeing as mother came from Shropshire. I know she gives that on census but perhaps she didn't know for sure.

siamesewillow

I am sure you are correct, its to much of a coincidence. Not sure how I can convince my friend about this. Funny she used her step father's surname Osborne while growing up and on the 1901 census. Would it not be less trouble marrying under that name,

siamese

It is conflicting isn't it. Understandable she was put down as Osbourne when living with rest of the family but not when on her own. I guess she felt she had to use the correct name when marrying but the fact that stands out is she knew it was her correct name so her mother must have told her.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum