History is now
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
History is now

Any fool can make history, but it takes a genius to write it. Oscar Wilde

You are not connected. Please login or register

Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911

3 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

51Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:01 pm

clematised

I will order the cert I think as it looks good enough to me, may order them tonight as I am having family come shortly.

Edna

52Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:41 pm

Her father should be called Samuel Edwards according to earlier census and he was a shipwright/ship carpenter.

53Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:40 pm

clematised

I have just placed the order for the marriage cert for Alfred Anderson and the death cert for Harold Anderson, I thought better about ordering the death for Alfred as all the details are already known from the army record.

Does anyone know if the Post Office Staff records are available on line? on ancestry or FMP or anywhere else?

Edna

54Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:58 pm

SmallTownGirl

clematised wrote:

Does anyone know if the Post Office Staff records are available on line? on ancestry or FMP or anywhere else?

Edna

My grandfather was a postman!

There are some records on Ancestry. What are you looking for Edna?

STG

55Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:13 pm

clematised

clematised wrote:

Alfred Anderson born 1873 Blackburn, son of Joseph and Isabella Anderson

Copied from FTF thread

Page 1
Discharge proceedings
No ??/5643 Private
Alfred Anderson
18 Hussars
Northern ??Depot
Date of Discharge - 7 Aug 1912, Scarborough
Age-39 years, 6 months
Height - 5ft 9 1/2 in
Girth - 39 in
Expansion - 3 1/2 in
Complexion - fair
Eyes - brown
Hair - grey

Intended place of residence - 17 Oakfiked road etc the crossed out to Veterans Club ?Hard Court High Holborn, London
"The termination of his second period of engagement"

Conduct -Exemplary. No offence during last 18 years of service. No instance of drunkeness during whole service of 21 years.
A thoroughly trustworthy and reliable man in every aspect.

Page 2
Difficult to read the following
Medals and clasps-
Kimberley, Johanesburg
Diamond Hill Belfast??
Kings S A Medal and clasps, South africa 1901. 1902
Long srvice and GC medals
21 years service

Page 3
Nil of note

Page 4
Typed doc - not specific to Alfred

Page 5
Copy of death cert
Died in the sub district of Manchester on 14 Oct 1946, Royal Infirmary.

Is it OK to put the details here as it is more recent???

Page 6 - just about a pension payment

Page 7 - Attestation dated 15 Aug 1891. 10 Royal Hussars
Alfred Anderson, b Blackburn, 18 years, 6 months, groom

Page 8 - Physical details eg height - as before

Page 9 - Info about service dates and payments

Page 10 - Home - 8 Aug 1891 - 5/11/99
South Africa - 6/11/99 - 19/7/02
Home - 20/7/02 - 7/9/1912

Campaigns - South Africa - 99-1902
Medals - as before
Father - none
Mother Elizabeth, 27 Redrock etc and crossed out a deceased
Brother - ????/Harold

Back to the death cert
He was a postman retired and the informant was his wife.

Address on the death cert is - Royal Infirmary/77 ? Moss Lane, Sale.
Informant, wife ? L Anderson
edit -- could be a "S" Anderson - not sure

Tourmie this is a great find so do you think you can find anything on the marriage to L or S, I did try free BMD last week but nothing came up for him but now the area may be Sale.

Edna

In this post Alfreds death gives his job at death as a postman if you can find any information on him STG it would be great.

Edna

56Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:51 pm

SmallTownGirl

Not tremendously exciting, I'm afraid Edna. It's the British Postal Service Appointment Books 1737-1969 that are available and I've found:

Date - November 1913
Registration Number - 201640
Surname - Anderson
Christian name - Alfred
Situation to which nominated - Postman
Place - NWDO
Minute No. - E37282

Will try to have another look tomorrow and see if there's anything else.

Night
STG

57Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:55 pm

clematised

Thank you STG will look back tomorrow If I get the time as it is a busy day for me tomorrow.

Edna

58Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:14 pm

SmallTownGirl

Edna

Can't find anything else, but have saved the image. If you'd like it, pls PM me your email address.

STG

59Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Sat Mar 17, 2012 3:46 pm

clematised

Thank you STG I will send you a PM with e mail addy

Edna

60Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Thu Mar 22, 2012 5:19 pm

clematised

I have just received a death cert for Harold Anderson (a seaman) of Woolton, male age 44years died 20th April 1912 Workhouse Infirmary Whiston, 1 pulmonary Tuberculosis,2 Larangeal Tuberculosis, certified by R.S.Doran M.R.C.S. Informant Alf King Master Union Workhouse Whiston.26 April,1912. District,Prescot Lancashire.

This is the first mention of being a seaman?? he was a print viewer or something to do with printing.

awaiting the marriage cert for Alfred

Edna

61Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:51 pm

SmallTownGirl

Are you beginning to think that it's not the correct Harold?

It would be a shame if it's not, as you've splashed out on the certificate.

STG

62Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:49 pm

Oh no for Harold Anderson - where did we get the "deceased brother Harold" bit from and that he must have died between certain dates Question

There is this one.

Deaths Mar 1939 (>99%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anderson Harold A 65 Newton 8c 242

Name:
Harold A Anderson

Birth:
abt 1874

Death:
Mar 1939 - Newton, Lancashire, England

63Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:05 am

clematised

Tourmie wrote:Having another look for Harold in 1911. There is this one but only initials Exclamation Right birthplace and age tho.

Name:
H A A

Age in 1911:

Estimated Birth Year:
abt 1873

Relation to Head:
Patient

Birth Place:
Whitehaven, Cumberland, England

Civil parish:Lancaster
County/Island:
Lancashire
England

Marital Status:
Single

Press Reader

Unfortunately the address is the County Lunatic Asylum.

This is the last sighting of Harold somewhere in Lancashire so he is alive at this date, the military record says deceased brother Harold in August 1912 so rather than getting more death certs I will leave it for now.

Hope the marriage cert comes today but I will be out when it comes so I will post tonight.

Thank you for sending the baptism records of the brothers and GM Mary it is really appreciated STG.

Thanks Tourmie

Edna

64Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:37 am

Ah right that's a pretty narrow window for a death then isn't it from census 1911 to August 1912. It must be him, tho a little older, with the workhouse connection just that he has morphed into a seaman for some reason.

Just to be pedantic is it written "deceased brother Harold" meaning Harold is deceased rather then "deceased, brother Harold" meaning Alfred is deceased but has a brother Harold. Sorry to be such a stickler for detail but it might make a difference Laughing

Oh hang on have just read back is it from here? Basketball

Father - none
Brother - ????/Harold

Look forward to hearing about the marriage certificate for Alfred.

65Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:44 am

Oh curse me for looking Edna but I've found another Harold Anderson in 1911 who was 44 and.......a seaman born Liverpool. Age and occupation would fit more than yours but scratch

Will send you the thing so you can have a look!

66Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:51 pm

clematised

The latest found 1911 census seaman born Liverpool will not be the correct Harold Albion Anderson born Whitehaven.
The one H.A.A. in 1911 in the Lancashire Lunatic Asylum press reader will be the correct person as he was a Print Reader in an earlier Census.

Not got the cert today for the marriage of Alfred it may come tomorrow.

Edna

67Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:23 pm

No that's right I agree he isn't your Harold. I was looking for another HA who was a seaman that might better fit the death certificate you had.

I'm still not confident about this info leading to your Harold dying between 1911 and 1912. The 1939 death could be him instead.

Father - none
Brother - ????/Harold

I wonder if the ???? should be the name of the other brother and we know their mother wasn't called Elizabeth. Mother had died by then hadn't she so the deceased bit could relate to her. Maybe.

Roll on Alfreds certificate.

68Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:35 pm

clematised

Alfred Anderson 41 bachelor Civil Service 8a Collindale Avenue Hendon, father Joseph Anderson (deceased) Lawyers Clerk (Correct)

Louisa Edwards 36 spinster --------54, Silverdale Avenue father John Edwards (deceased)
Coachman
St John the Baptist West Darby Feb 18th 1914, witnesses Stanley Curtis Railton, Alda Goff Greening, Joseph Greening, J? W L Pritchard. ( the J could be & as it looks like a 2)

R Wilson Jones M.A. (Oxon)

Never before seen four witnesses named

Edna

69Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:20 pm

clematised

Alda Goff Greening's parents are Zechariah Greening and Elizabeth Edwards. They married 1879.
Alda born 15 Jly 1891

So some relation to Louisa Edwards

Edna

70Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:38 am

Aah so it wasn't the Louisa we found in 1911 then (her with mother Louisa and father Samuel deceased) but is the right Alfred which is more important bounce

Will have to look for one with a father John.

Just Harold to resolve now then will have done the hat trick Laughing

71Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:39 am

clematised

Thanks for the goodies Tourmie all are excellent so Alda Goff Greening is a half sister, I did a bit of a search on FS last night and came up with a Louisa Edwards Father John Henry Edwards & Amelia St Pauls Tranmere, but this all throws it out now, as Elizabeth is deffo Mother.

Funny thing is Wotton Under Edge is where my late OHs Family roots were his father born there.

Family search gives Coach makers, cab drivers, ect for the family of some witnesses as does one in 1911 census.

As the children all born Liverpool we have to look closer to home for the birth of Louisa.

Edna

72Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:31 pm

You are most welcome flower

Something has just struck me with the "mother Elizabeth" on Alfreds papers, don't suppose it referred to mother in law Elizabeth as we know it wasn't his mothers name Exclamation

Anyway back to Louisa, will see if anything else comes up re her parents/birth. Her mother must have been widowed between Louisa's birth and her remarriage so a narrow window to search.

73Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:42 pm

There's a tree that has John dying 1879 born 1847 Walton? Glos so this one age 32.

Deaths Mar 1879

Edwards John 32 Liverpool 8b 185

Possible marriage to Elizabeth.

Marriages Sep 1870

Edwards John West Derby 8b 522
PEGLER Elizabeth W Derby 8b 522

74Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:50 pm

Births Jun 1851

Pegler Elizabeth Bristol 11 179

You won't believe this but I have the name Pegler in my side from Glos - we could be related Laughing

Last edited by Tourmie on Tue Mar 27, 2012 1:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Additional info)

75Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 - Page 3 Empty Re: Finding the Anderson Boys in 1911 Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:18 pm

clematised

Thanks Tourmie,

I will look at it all later or tomorrow as I have to do my meal and shower and change to be on the bus for 5.45. Going to a theatre in another town so back late.

I have moira looking for those army records too (bertie)

Edna (so we may connect)

ps.Peglar the famous clown lived in Southport for many years?

pps. Walton is Liverpool, so he may have died Walton Liverpool

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum